The Summer of Exploring

Saturday, June 12, 2010 1:18 PM By Kennie

It is officially summer vacation (yeeee-hawww!). Three months off to enjoy the outdoors, relax and unwind before heading back to work on September 7th, 2010.

All I've been doing for the last couple of weeks is figuring out how much of the Yukon I can visit before I head out for a field course (the last course I need to take to get my permanent teaching certification here in the YUkon) and before I head back to NB for a short visit.

So far, the plan is to head to Kluane National Park on Monday for an overnighter (maybe two nights depending on things as I have to be back in RR for a videoconference on the 17th). I figure a nice little trip out to visit a part of the Yukon that I have yet to see will refresh and recharge the batteries ... at least long enough for me to make it though my last course :-).

Kluane.jpg


Early in the Morning I'll head into Whitehorse to get the last things that I need (like a camping stove and some grub) and head out from there... if the weather isn't on my side, I guess I'll just go for a nice drive out to Haines Junction for the day then head back into Whitehorse for the night ...

0 comments: