1 down .... 177 to go (hehehe - not that any of us are counting)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 10:12 PM By Kennie , In

Just a quick note (as I am literally falling asleep on my computer (and it's only 10:00pm as I type this) ..

Day one of school went off without a hitch. I (so far) have a super group of grade 5/6 students ... although, I think I might have also entered the twilight zone too as they asked to do math today. Yes, you read right. They ASKED to do math rather than do some basic get to know you activities / writing. So... off I went and did an impromptu math class.

Students, I don't think I will ever understand them ... yet I was one not so long ago ... hmmm....

Well, off to sleep as tomorrow is a full day ... lucky for me, I have tomorrow and most of Thursday already planned (yeah!) ... now if only I could get my schedule to work properly ... have to stuff one more math class in there somehow, yet I don't seem to have a spare slot for it ... oh well, back to the drawing board. Night all!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like you have a group of keeners. I teach English in a French school, so I get to see kids from Gr.3-12. I have to say that the 5/6 students are fun to teach. I'm only in my second year, so I'm still trying to figure out if it's the age group or these students in particular. Have a good year!

September 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Kennie said...

Haha - keeners .. yeah .. turns out they aren't. They just didn't want to do fun get to know you activities ... and they are handful, but they aren't too bad so far. I just need to be extremely creative with teaching approaches.

September 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM