Made it to Faro

Friday, August 21, 2009 10:59 PM By Kennie

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I made it to Faro in one piece (without getting lost) and am crashing at Kara and Matt's for the weekend before heading to Ross.

Today was filled with crazy shopping (satellite, mattress and enough food for at least three weeks - minus fresh veggies .. gotta figure that one out now) then filled with crazy driving cross country. The scenery was amazing - I only with the sun would have come out for a bit so the Yukon could really show off it's beauty. Fall, I think, is also just around the corner as many of the trees (well, the leaves) that I passed along the way were starting to turn yellow and the temperature has taken a nice dip downwards compared to previous weeks.

I do have photos, and will be posting them as I can over the next couple of days (I don't want to use up all of Kara's bandwidth :-) ).

So.. these will have to do for now:

massively huge cinnamon bun from a lil bakery/pit stop in Braeburn (?? - or something like that)


My now very dirty truck .. it's even more dirty now

4 comments:

Morena said...

I think that cinnamon bun would feed a family up here for a week!

August 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Meandering Michael said...

Next time you're at Braeburn Lodge, order a sandwich. It'll last you for lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and breakfast.

August 22, 2009 at 7:56 AM
down east said...

To really enjoy your bun, slice it in half, butter each half (or quarter, or whatever) and grill it in a fry pan, like a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!!

August 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Kennie said...

yeah .... uhm... didn't have a trying pan on me .. although I probably could have fried it on my engine :-)

August 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM